he University Grant Commission has recently uploaded a letter for the universities asking them to update details regarding recruitment of faculty in universities, colleges and institutions deemed to be universities. The letter was issued to the universities in a period of July 31, 2019, to August 07, 2019.
UGC has quoted in a letter, saying that “In this regard, all the Universities and their affiliated Colleges are requested to upload the details of all the vacant posts, along with the recruitment process on University Activity Monitoring portal of UGC at httos: //wrvw.ugc.ac.in/uamo/ on or before September 20, 2019.
The UGC has the unique distinction of being the only grant-giving agency in the country which has been vested with two responsibilities: that of providing funds and that of coordination, determination and maintenance of standards in institutions of higher education.
The UGC`s mandate includes:
- Promoting and coordinating university education
- Determining and maintaining standards of teaching, examination, and research in universities
- Framing regulations on minimum standards of education
- Monitoring developments in the field of collegiate and university education; disbursing grants to the universities and colleges
- Serving as a vital link between the Union and state governments and institutions of higher learning
- Advising the central and state governments on the measures necessary for the improvement of university education.